Tuesday 11 November 2014

RESEARCH: HOW BRANDS PROFILE AUDIENCES

INTRODUCTION, MAIN TASK:

For this task I will be establishing how brands target their audience in order to distribute my own film  for my AS production.

I will be using numerous websites and various applications in order for me to complete my task to the best of my ability.

I will be using various strategies for my task such as:

  • Facebook
  • The Internet
  • Various websites such as Sky or Capital FM.
  • I would also produce film posters similar to those from my favourite films.

TARGET AUDIENCE:

The very important aspect for this task to consider identifying my target audience.

I need to consider whether the audience would be restricted to teenagers or whether this should be targeted for a wider appeal in terms of age group. I would also need to determine which audience is likely to be the most receptive, that is British focused or a global audience.

THE IMPORTANT TASK IN MY OPINION IS SETTING A SCENE THAT THE TARGET AUDIENCE WILL FIND VERY EYE CATCHING WHICH WILL DRAW THEIR ATTENTION TO MY PRODUCTION. FOR INSTANCE, ENTICE THE AUDIENCE WITH AN ENGAGING STORYLINE WHICH WILL LURE THE INTEREST OF AS MANY VIEWERS AS POSSIBLE REGARDLESS OF AGE AND GENDER.

RADIO AUDIENCES: 


I did some research at Ottawa start@blogspot.co.uk, which gives the overall share percentages from a large variety of stations. These numbers include all listeners ages 12 and upwards, Monday to Sunday from 5:00am to 1:00am, measured between  March 3rd and April 27th.


Therefore, my main audience must carefully be construed by the following

  • AGE
  • ETHNICITY
  • GENDER/GROUP
  • REGION/NATIONALITY

3 comments:

  1. A fair start but you needed to have finished this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned in class, pick Kiss or Capital as they are UK and would reach your target audience whereas a Canadian station wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still need to update and correct this!

    ReplyDelete